A weekly staple of our dinner menu is Pho. According to Wikipedia, Pho is defined as:Phở or pho (pronounced variously as /fʌ/, /fə/, /fər/, or /foʊ/; is a Vietnamese noodle soup consisting of broth, linguine-shaped rice noodles called bánh phở, a few herbs, and meat.
I was first introduced to this amazing soup when I was living in NYC. I had it at a small restaurant in Chinatown and have been hooked on it ever since. Living in Seattle, we have been spoiled by the amount of places that we can eat Pho. We were also even able to find this dish in London, where the soup was flavorful, but not as amazing as it is in Seattle.
Here is a rundown of some of the places where I have enjoyed this dish:
– Mama Pho: Pretty Standard Pho. Nothing to complain about, just good.
– Velo: I really enjoyed this place when they first opened. The noodles taste homemade and they are thicker than the standard Pho. Before we moved, they started adding lots of onions and other vegetables to the Standard Pho, which was a turn-off for me, so I would order without.
– Pho Than Brothers: We eat at the Mercer St. location in Lower Queen Anne about once a week. The service is fast, the food is cheap and the meat and broth is always consistent and top quality.
– Pho Viet Anh: This place was highly recommended by friends because of the spicy beef broth. It is extremely spicy but has a pineapple kick too it.
– Pho Cyclo Cafe: Another Seattle chain Pho restaurant. The downtown location is located near my office and I have had delivery from here a number of times. The broth is very sweet and not something I would go out of my way to get.
– Green Leaf: We had Pho here on our very first trip to Seattle so it holds a special place in my heart. The broth is one of the best and it is consistent at the Belltown and ID locations. The only downside to me is that the meat is very fatty. Makes for a great broth, but not so nice to eat. They also include onions in their soup, which I would rather they omitted.
Any recommendations of Pho places in Seattle I should try?